Here's a page of just little things to brighten your day.
Flowers, crafts and just about anything to make you smile.
Please comment on your favorites!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Japanese Lanterns

I ordered some japanese lanterns from Brecks.com. These are fiery red blossoms that look like paper lanterns and make beautiful dried flowers. I've never seen the actual bulbs for these, which turned out not to be bulbs at all. When I opened the package, I thought Brecks had jipped me and left only dried sticks. But upon closer inspection, these "sticks" have roots.


This stick root is the most promising. It actually has some growth already. I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed. I was a little confused on how to plant them, and decided on a vertical orientation with the top of the sticks protruding from the soil so I know where they are.


My fury garden helper, Iopius.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea Japanese lantern seeds look like pathetic dried up chopstick things! If I ever find these randomly I'd think they were trash and throw them away! yikes!

    ReplyDelete